Back from the London Digital Signage Week 2017 – one of the biggest gatherings in Europe of companies providing solutions for your way to interact with customers – PM Screen is happy to share these 5 insights by our Europe Managing Director Donatas Stonkus.
- Innovation challenge: Although innovation seems to be the competitive advantage in nowadays ever changing environment with brands fighting for ways to attract customers, digital signage expo is not necessarily a place to mirror these developments. Still dominated by LCD, LED and other type of screens, digital signage industry focuses more on the ways to present a more targeted and attractive content than the form itself. PM Screen was among a very few exhibitors offering a whole new approach using holograms and holographic marketing with the help of holographic displays by our partners Realfiction.
- Interaction challenge: Digital interactions influence 36 cents of every dollar spent according to Deloitte (Digital influences more than $1 trillion in retail stores sales). Therefore, one of the main tasks of any digital signage is to prompt that interaction. With our brain wired to pay attention to moving images, it is obvious that still images are the past. While various screens allow for some interaction, 3D animation is a new generation immersive holographic experience that makes the audience glue to the screens like in this picture.
- Omnichannel sales challenge: In that same report, Deloitte found out that 84% of store visitors use their device before or during a shopping trip and those using a device convert at a rate 40% higher than those who do not. A quarter of these customers want to see/order an extended range of products in store (Pwc, Total Retail Study 2016). Two dimensional screen image is better than nothing, but what if you could access the holographic display directly from your phone and see a full real size 3D animated copy of let’s say a pair of shoes or a bag that are out of stock? PM Screen holographic displays can do exactly this!
- Information delivery challenge: Retailers tend to forget the primary use of a signage in a store: delivering information. More and more content is displayed in a video form with experts predicting that by 2020 most of the information we consume will be in moving images. No matter if a 2D or a 3D technology is used, a customer should be able to get the main idea on key product features within seconds. This is an example how PM Screen tackles this challenge:
- Attention challenge: Finally, the use of a digital signage evolved from the need to grab customer’s attention. In a world full of new information attacking us every few minutes if not seconds, the attention challenge is huge. With a digital signage at the point of sale customers spend 30% more time in a store (Datatrend, A Sign of Times). PM Screen’s experience at world-class exhibitions shows that holographic displays increase the time spent at an exhibition booth up to 2 minutes on average, i.e. even more than 30%.
Comparing American and European markets, Darius Cincys, PM Screen US Managing Director, highlights that the US retail market is even more thirsty for innovative ways to attract customers. This is proven by ever increasing demand in cutting edge technologies, among them also holographic displays and 3D animation.